Friday, April 9, 2010

Christmas clown for Jenna.


To continue in my aim of catching up posts on some of our family's last six months:
For Christmas '09 I made a clown for our grand-daughter, Jenna.  It was a nostalgic choice, because I sewed up this same pattern for Tammy and Michael as Christmas presents when they were small. 
The same year I also made them for the children's cousins, Tammy and Russell,
who we were visiting in Adelaide for Christmas.
The pattern was from a Family Circle magazine that we still have. 
The face and colourful fingernails are embroidered. 

Tammy and Michael had their clowns for many years.  I remember replacing several noses, feet, hat pom-poms, and at least one arm along the way!
 I hope Jenna enjoys hers just as much.

Jenna with her clown and Abby and James' baby, Maggie.

Michael with his clown.

Tammy, Michael and Jonathon.

4 comments:

  1. I love these clowns so much!!! I love Jenna's clown's colours especially, and she won't go anywhere without it now which is so cute :) I can't wait until Maggie is old enough to appreciate one! Haha look at the E.T. doll in the bottom photo - imagine how much fun we could have with Bethany if we still had that! :) You're the best Mama & Gran xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the first baby photo's I've seen of Michael...soooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna loves her clown. He goes to bed with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bec, really!!?! I didn't know you hadn't seen his old photos. We'll have to remedy that! - he was such a cutie! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete