Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm not dead, but I'm thinking about it :)

Not really.  At least not in a 'can't wait' way, but more along the lines of 'Ah - that'll happen one day and won't that be peaceful...'!

Bethany is married.
It would have happened even without me finishing her dress, (which I did, at 5am for us all to leave for the temple at 8.30 am, so heaps of time really), or without the bridesmaids looking very cute and even a little chic (finished Abby's dress in the night too, and Jessima's lovely mother Michelle made hers), or without all the wonderful bits and pieces for the tables, (everyone loved the individual messages printed on the inside of the place-cards - thank you family, and especially Abby, for all of your help :), or the beautiful, mostly-roses flower arrangements (also finished the night before).

It's fair to say that Bethy was the least 'Brideziller-ish' bride it would possible for her to be.  When 5 weeks of me being sick put everything so far behind schedule, and things like her dress were coming down to the line, her comment was, (complete with benignly offhanded tone), "Mummy, can you just use staples, or masking tape or something?  It doesn't matter..."

I hope she and Robbie had a happy day!
The highlight of which was, for me - apart from the temple sealing - the song and dance that Bethy performed with her siblings as a surprise for Robbie.  I think he liked it a lot.  It was, 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough', and included some wonderful, gymnastic and spoofy dance moves that made it a lot of fun.
Tammy and James sang together beautifully too, while the bridal couple enjoyed their first waltz. (Michael was DJ and MC for the night, thank you Michael :)

Another favourite moment was sending Robbie and Bethy running off through a double line of rose petal-throwing reception guests, only to have them wander back into the room 10 minutes later in order to say another goodbye to us!

We don't have the official photographs yet, but here are a few that were snapped.  Unfortunately, there is not a good one of Bethy and Robbie, but hopefully there will be one later -
(If you click on the photos, then again, you can enlarge them.)








Now, a busy week of cleaning and organizing Christmas parcels and presents, before we go away to the beach for two weeks :)
xo

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful! Especially Beth. I love her comment about stapling her dress. What a darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww IT was nice Sandy A lovely atmosphere adn a very happy couple, every parents dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did that get to be Lizzies comment when its me, Cathy Hmmm technology is very confusing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As if it's going to be peaceful when you die! It's not like you'll become a different person - you can't help being busy, and there'll be plenty of missionary work to keep you busy :) So don't do it. Just stay and be busy here :)

    It was a lovely wedding - I am a little bit glad it's over!! Everything was beautiful, the flowers, Beth's dress, my not-too-marshmallowy and great at fitting over my littel pregnant belly outfit, all the little touches! I LOVE that photo of Jenna & Maggie - so cute!! :) I also love how much a part of 'Ain't no Mountain High Enough!' Jenna was, running around the dance floor in excitement!! :) The Sheraton was such a beautiful venue, you and Dad looked a fabulous couple, and best of all, Beth's married!!! :) I also love the cake cutting photo (not displayed) - only Beth & Robbie :)

    I hope you're having a FANTASTIC holiday! - We can't wait to join you this weekend, yay! :) xox

    PS: Also excited that you POSTED!!! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mummy!!! Yay for your post :)
    Mum thank you so, so, so, so much for he beautiful wedding, reception, dress, bridesmaid dresses, flowers, place cards, invitations, seating cards, guest book cards, ribbons, bubble things, bonbonairs (or however you spell it. At least I know how to pronounce it though! bon-bon-ears :P) and everything else!!! It was all absolutely wonderful and beautiful. Last night Robbie said that for all the time and effort it was, he thought it was absolutely perfect. He said it was a perfect day and a perfect reception and he was really really glad and grateful. He said he reckons it was 'anyone's dream reception and all the guests there would have absolutely loved it'. Robbie loved it. And so did I - SO MUCH! So thanks again Mummy. You are truly amazing and my favourite in the world :)

    Side note - I'm using Robbie's miniture (mini-at-ure)laptop and it's killing me to type this! I can get the keys ok but I think my palms keep accidently touching the mousepad and the curser keeps moving everywhere and typing letters in random places! Grrr. Ok - *sigh* - just needed to get that off my chest :)

    I tried calling last night but you had gone out for a walk. HAHAHA. At that time you'd only been gone about half an hour but I wonder how long you took all up? Had Dad called search and rescue before you'd come home?? :P I'm glad Ben went with you though :)

    Anyway, I've been sitting here looking at the clock every two seconds for the past however long, waiting for it to be late enough for me to call you without waking you up on your lovely holiday :) (it's an hour later here in Melbourne so I try to be considerate. For example, even though I feel like calling you at 7:30am my time, I don't because it's only 6:30am your time and I want you to get a nice big sleep in!)

    So I think I'll probably stop typing and just give you a call :) I'm so excited to see you again in 3 weeks! Just 3 wks. I'm sure I can last that long :) ...hopefully :P lol.

    Love you!!!
    Bethstar* xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure know how to throw a wedding!! Everything looks and sounds so amazing! I'm also glad you posted again - please keep it up because I love reading your thought provoking posts.

    P.S I finally got round to answering your questions on your comments on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mum!

    You did a fabulous fabulous job on the wedding, and I thought it was absolutely beautiful.

    I'm also glad that it's over :) lol!

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete